Comfy Cold Brew - Summer Coffee Love
This product is currently sold out.
This is a blend concocted to create some chilly caffeinated magic. Part Colombia San Pascual Natural and part Colombia Santa Barbara Esate this blend is packed full of chocloaty sweetness with a refreshing crisp fruit finish! This is a limited hot weather release so grab a bag while its hanging around.
Cold Brew Recommendations:
Iced Pour Over: (Using the Chemex)
Fill the base of the Chemex with ice. You’ll want about 8 ounces of ice, which is 200 grams or one cup.
Place a paper filter in the top section of the Chemex. Grind your coffee beans and place them in the filter, gently tapping to level them out. We recommend using a medium to medium-coarse grind size.
Boil water in a kettle and then let it sit for a few seconds. Pour a small amount of the water over your grounds in a circle. Let the coffee bloom for 30 seconds.
Continue pouring in circles until your coffee is fully brewed.
Take out the filter and throw it away. Then gently shake the Chemex to mix the coffee with the ice.
That’s it! You now have iced coffee in the lower section of your Chemex. Pour it into glasses, add cream or sugar, and enjoy your refreshing caffeinated beverage. Not cold enough? Add a little extra ice to the glass.
1. Place the rubber stopper into the bottom of the plastic brewing container from the outside. The larger diameter of the stopper should not be in the brewing chamber.
2. Dampen the felt filter with cold water and place it into the bottom of the brewing container, covering up the rubber stopper. Dampening the filter helps to keep it in place to prevent your cold brew from having sediment and particulates present.
3. Add one cup of cold water into the bottom of the brewing chamber, being careful not to disturb the filter. Add six ounces of your favorite Fonté coffee grounds to the chamber.
4. Pouring slowly, add a further three cups of cold water over the mixture, using a circular motion to facilitate mixing of grounds and water.
5. Add the final six ounces of ground coffee to the brewing container. Don’t stir the mixture!
6. Wait five minutes.
7. Pour the remaining three cups of cold water into the brewing chamber, again using a circular motion.
8. Use a spoon to gently push any floating coffee grounds under the surface of the water to saturate them.
9. Now to wait. Put the entire Toddy Cold Brew System into the refrigerator or leave it on the countertop for between 12 and 24 hours to let the coffee concentrate brew. This is the hardest step in the process as you’ll have to find another way to occupy your time while waiting.
10. After waiting, position the brewing chamber over the mouth of the decanter, and carefully remove the rubber stopper. Let the cold brew concentrate flow into the glass container.
11. Mix the concentrate with water to taste and serve. Concentrate from the Toddy system is much stronger than hot coffee, so aim to dilute it a ratio of between 1/2 concentrate :1 water and 1:1 concentrate to water. Add some ice and a splash of milk or anything else you’d add to your favorite coffee if desired.